Thursday, November 1, 2012


Jayden
Again, with the injury to the shoulder it has been hard to keep up with my thoughts the past 6 months. 

There have been so much great things happening with Jayden that it is hard to remember it all.  I do know that Jayden has grown in so many ways, both educationally as well as socially and physically.  Kindergarten went so well for him and we have to thank Cascade Elementary and Ms. Hepworth who really did care about Jayden and his education.  He did great scoring really high on his math and language arts state assessment.  He scored almost perfect in math missing one shape question and was 93 percent in language arts.   Those scores really impressed me as he showed knowledge AND the ability to sit and tell people what he knows…

Jayden loved the start of summer as we started swim lessons again.  We did a lot of swimming and hanging out at parks.  He played and got wet and just liked being outside.  We would set up pools and slides in the backyard and the kids had a great time.  He was pretty good with Kallee and she was a pest to him.  But he would entertain her and they would just have a grand old time.


Memorial Day was once again a smash hit with both Jayden and Kallee getting dirty a lot… and a lot.  Jayden got to do more walking adventures and then even got to watch duck race.  He has lots of kids that he can play with up in Concunully WA.    It is truly one of the thing we look forward to every year.
And then, just that fast…. We were headed to Hawaii.

During the Months of February through May, both my wife and I work a lot…. A LOT.    Alison and I work hard too during that time.  But when vacation comes,,,, we play hard…

We get to go to our Maui Home for 23 glorious days.  And we play like a family hard.   I know that my parents would watch Kallee and Jayden more if we asked them too… but the thing is.  We really want them around.  The point of the vacation was to go out and make memories as a family,… no matter how exhausted I get… and I do…. but to see my son and see how he is…

Here is a story about him and first day we were there.   We went to our favorite establishment in Moose McGuillicuttys in Keihi.   We have a great meal and then across the street the sun is setting over the Pacific.  We hit the beach and Jayden is told he can get his feet wet… then his shorts are wet,,, then he stumbles and his whole body is wet… no problem… so we stay and he and Kallee are happy and Alison and I are enjoying the setting of a perfect day…… so far.

As we are walking back to the car,,, Jayden says “what happens if I fall and ….oopppSSS”,,, right after I told him to be careful not to get sand on him.   He falls and is completely covered in sand… head to toe… I go BALLISTIC!!  I am losing it on him, but everyone else on the beach is laughing at me,,, saying to  themselves… been there done that… I look at all the smiles of sympathy pointed at both myself and my son and just walk to the car… and Jayden has no problem as he is driven home naked wearing his moms sweatshirt… It gave everyone there a good feeling about life and where they were and kids…
Jayden was given so many opportunities to enjoy life in Maui and he did.  I get so much joy from watching him tackle new things.

And he was able to do so many things… He snorkeled and boogie boarded.  He got to learn how to Surf,, one of my favorite memories of the whole trip was watching my wife and Jayden surf… I loved it… I loved just watching and seeing them both succeed in an adventure…   He picked it up so quickly… but still has a lot to learn if he is going to try it on his own.

Jayden got to Snuba as well, swimming all around the pool at the Hyatt.  He got to enter the biggest splash contest where he did not win, but was improving the whole time.  He hung out and watched an outdoor movie on the beach at night.   He also got to go on a Boat, but….. as he would tell you “Will NOT do that again!!!!”.  He got sick but was fine once his legs got back on Terra-Firma.
He is the adventurous type.  So willing to try things new and wanting to do things for fun.  Except food of course where he will not try anything.   I know for a fact that Jayden and Kallee are the biggest reasons that Roy loves us being there as well as seeing a lot more of Auntie Eleanor and her family during this trip.  They even drove down and stayed a couple of extra hours just to hang out with my family.  Kallee and Jayden both have something that just seems to allow people to like them.  Kallee and Kailee (sp) really got along because Kailee and Kallee are 2 peas in a pod.   How fortunate it is for our children to spend time with relatives. 
What is most special is watching Jayden and Alison together… there such a strong bond there.  He really wants to be with her and impress her and just hang out.  They have their “spelling words” time or their “watching Survivor or American Idol” time, or their “reading books” time.  But there is always time.  Both of them are late night people, with Jayden staying up sometimes just to talk to mommy, or using the excuse that he is hungry to hang out more.  There are times where I think the kids has 3 different dinners at night time… ps that boy can eat…





Kallee and I hang out in her room doing our thing and Jayden and Alison are talking life in his… it is nice to be a father and a husband.. I love it.  To say that I do not get tired or I am sometimes frustrated by the moment or the lack of effort or the lies my son tells to try and stay out of trouble.  That both of them can suck the living being right out of me would be outrageous… and untruthful.  They both do things that have me running up the wall and thinking looney bin.  Jayden can at times have me so furious that I want to shut down completely until he is 20…..  but I would take all the bad to see the good.  I would take all the pain to see him grow into what he is going to be.

Jayden had a great summer all the way until the end.   He really loves hanging out with the grandparents the days that we go to Vegas with the gang.  They love the fact that the grandparents are close and they like to hang out with them.   Jayden is so happy that Grandpa Lee sets up a tent with him.  In fact I am told that Jayden is pretty close to being able to set it up himself… with help of course.    The kid just loves building things and seeing how things work. 

Jayden also loves going to the Fair.  This year was a great time as Alison got us tickets to the rodeo part of the Benton Franklin County Fair.  It was a great time, he had a blast.  He also loves just doing the Fair thing with the rides and the tractor pull and rides… it is a pretty good time.

When September hit Jayden had to go to school at the old Fruitland School, which is nice for Alison as it is right across from where Kallee goes to school.  So that is nice…

Jayden is really doing well in school as he is scoring high on his spelling and math assignments.  He is drilled by his mommy almost every night to make sure he knows them.  The teacher has mentioned good things about our son and he scored satisfactory on all aspects of his trimester grades.    He is reading pretty well and spelling and math are going great.  I really love how quickly he picks things up.





He has also been part of an All-Star Soccer team.   And when I say All-Star, I mean part of the Shark teeth team in Upward Soccer at South Hills Church.  On the team were three strong, stong players in Jonah and Charlie as well as Tyler.  Then Jayden and two Sisters Camille and Kayda were the 2nd group of players who, in time all could be strong players.  The team really did roll through the competition.  But alas, my son had a hard time getting a goal.  It was not because of the coach, who tried hard to get him the ball to score, but Jayden was very rules orientated.  If to coach said to stay in one place, he did, no matter that the ball was 3-10 feet away.  He stayed where he was told.  But in the last game he took a pass from Kayda  and dribbled and scored… Yea!!! 





He loved practices with the coaches and kids, and kind of liked the games.  He had fun and was sad to see the end of the season coming… I am glad he enjoyed it as I was very pleased with how far he came during the season.  I am very interested in seeing how he does in basketball… I hope he loves it.
One more quick story… As we were getting ready to leave the soccer celebration.. my nephew Jonah came up to me and said Jayden’s tooth was loose and it was bleeding.  I told my son to just grab it and yank it out…. And he did.  Again, pulling his own tooth.  That is awesome!   He is a tough kid…
PS—Both Jayden and I are getting excited because the seasons of Thanksgiving and Christmas are coming and we both love this time.   He wants to get out the lights already and it is hard for me to say no.




No comments: