Friday, February 15, 2013

Jayden and the Winter of 2013

First I must say that both Jayden and I miss the Christmas season. We both love doing the lights and going to get the tree. We love the drives to farms and doing christmas trains and of course presents. But it was such a poor year for snow that we only got to sled for a couple of days. We took advantage of those days and went out and played in the snow but overall it was such a disappointing winter. What I really love about the Christmas season with Jayden is how he can do things that other kids might not be able to do yet. He sees how things work and can figure out how to create something to solve a problem. I look at him all the time in amazement at the things that he creates. His imagination and active mind is a great thing. I have taken many of the creations he does and I show them off to the students. I love how he is able to use his mind to keep himself from boredom. He way of trying to solve problems is going to make life easier. He is not going to wait for someone else to solve a problem but will in the end, find a way to fix it. Jayden is also the comfort for his mommy in these tax season times. He will try and stay awake on the nights that Alison has to work late so that he can sit with her and watch American Idol, or the Voice or whatever is on. He likes his alone time with his mommy. They work on his reading and spelling words. It shows me how much his mommy means to him, his true best friend. I love that, I know that life for us as a family is awesome, because the relationships built are on a strong and solid foundation. Jayden is swimming very well and has made it to level 4 at the Court Club. He has had a great teacher these last to sessions that gets the most out of him. Basketball on the other hand seriously tests my patience and I most of the time fail.... miserably. I think he has decided that he likes dribbling and shooting,, but the game itself is boring and not much fun.... I am okay with him not wanting to play next year because I am not sure I can go through another year like this one. He wants to baseball, but we will see. I told him his attention span would have to get better, plus we would need help getting him to games etc.... He understands that I expect more listening to the coaches and he has said he will become a better listener... I hope so because I would like him to play baseball, I want to go to the games and just be part of that. Jayden has done very well in school, we are trying to get him successful in minute math and being able to recognize his spelling words. Most of the time when he makes a mistake it is because he does not pay attention to the way the word is set up and transposes letters. But he does not get upset when I tell him it is time to do homework and I am glad that he cares about doing well in school. I really am impressed with his intellect. Going back and thinking about last year I remember fondly so many things. I love the surf lesson and how quickly he picked up the surfing. I love Decorating the house with his help. I love that Jayden likes playing on the beach and trying to crash the waves with his boogie board. How he gets so excited when he creates something new and the pride in his eyes. How he loves to make a mess and HATES to clean up. The great nights where he stays with his sister and how they love to spend the night in each others room. How excited he was when he beat Jonah, me and Alison at Pac Man games. One of my favorite stories happened yesterday, when we went to get flowers for valentines. Jayden took forever finding the right flowers and when he did a couple of ladies in the floral area told him he picked out the "best" ones. He was so proud, he was so excited he kept telling everyone in the store he got the "best" flowers for his mommy. I saw how much that meant to him. He can be so caring of those around him, especially his mommy and sister. I do not let him do much for me, but that is my fault, my problem. I need to be more open with him. But I can say for certain that I would have no other son to raise. I am very proud of Jayden.

No comments: