Sunday, August 18, 2013

JJ PART 1 FOR 2013

It takes me longer and longer to get back to these blogs... but I do have to say that Jayden has had a great first half of the year.

Great Pics from the Hawaii Trip
https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=6A7B3708BE80ADDE!366&authkey=!ADIvWjBuMRcJm9w
The first part of the year Jayden played basketball which went okay.... he could make it through the first 3 quarters, but by the last quarter he was done..

School went well and he did okay on spelling tests and most math... but we have been working on his reading and writing.  I cannot believe how much is taught so early on in a child's life and how fast they need to know things now.  We are working this summer on reading as well as writing skills,  but like all other years, he is DONE by May with school.  He told us the old school (Fruitland) was hot and he was done by the end of summer.  I think overall it was successful, we just have to figure out how to keep him on task by the end of the year.

Baseball was my favorite sport this year and alas, I missed most of it... but when I went to the games I really enjoyed them.  He really takes a hack and he is getting to below average on his fielding... I wish he would look where he is throwing... but we are working on technique and stance.  He also has no interest in catching the ball, but will chase it down after it gets past him.  I love baseball and I do pray, a little selfishly, that JJ will love it too.  I do not care if he does not become an all-star or wants to play his whole life..... but I do love trying to play catch... I have to work with my left arm so both of us do not throw well.  And when my right arm tries,,, the ball goes about 30 ft, if that..

I know that Jayden can be tough to handle as he really thinks he knows everything and believes that he can grow up all by himself... which leads him right into trouble with me... But I am just trying to make sure that he enjoys life and does not get his feelings hurt by people.  I know that he gets selfish and does not consider others a lot.... but other times, especially with Kallee and his mother,, he is very sweet and caring and really shows what kind of person he can be.   He loves hanging out kicking soccer balls with Grandma Gebers, or legos with Grandma Lee, and Baseball and tents with Grandpa Lee.  Grandpa Gebers gave JJ some tasks on Maui and he took them seriously... He took out the garbage cans and did recycling as well as the best job, closing the gate at night. When JJ is given a job and he takes it seriously, he does it all the time. But if he finds the job insignificant, well his brain never gets to it,,, ever... Unless I use "the voice" and then we are both annoyed.

But let's get back to the fun stuff in which I enjoy talking about.   This year has been full of fun stuff and this vacation is no different. Jayden has been going on Ziplines and snorkeling... We have been out on the beach and saw turtles suntanning... Jayden has been showing off his swimming skills in the pool and the ocean. He loves boogie boarding but seems never to want to go.... He whines and moans about getting ready and leaving, yet when it is time to leave anywhere,,, he is angry. Crazy kid. He and his sister can never agree on which beach to go to. Ulua beach is where he loves to go. It has both great boogie boarding and turtle or snorkeling... They cut off our way to the beach but we adapted and found another way to get there. At Hilton Waikola Village we have had a wonderful time. I can say for certain that we would love to stay for more than the 8 days we had there... in fact we really want just one more day of just pool sitting... Hanging out, just going nowhere.  One of our best times was throwing a little football in the pool to each other while Kallee would swim to us and have fun.







JJ has been kayaking with the turtles and boating with Alison hanging out in the lagoon. We also watched part of a movie in the pool and climbed lava. He is almost fearless and loves adventure. He is the kind of kid you want on a vacation because he could be in for anything. He makes his mother do things that would be called adventures.  This summer has been all about adventures.  JJ took his swimming to the last level of Starfish at the Court Club, so if he passes this one, then it would be to the Catfish swim club... We probably will not go that far as Tri-City Court Club changed their rules, but it was a great experience.

With JJ this summer we have really had a great time...  He tries to do flips on the diving board and cheered for Oh Boy Oberto at the Columbia Cup.  He and his sister have slept in sleeping bags downstairs and tented with Grandpa Lee.  He has climbed Badger a lot and left Dawson on the side of a cliff at Concunully.

But the probably the most impressive adventure he has done was this week.  He and Alison biked from our house, down to Columbia Park, and all the way to Grandpa and Grandma Lee's.  I mapped out their route and it was about 19 miles and took them 2 and half hours.  We then went to the swimming pool for 3 hours and he played soccer with Grandpa back at the house.  At 10 at night, when we finally finished our day, he asked Alison if they could do it again the next day.   He can be so amazing.

Jayden told me that he is afraid of 2nd grade and wants to go back to Kindergarten where things were easy.  I told him he had no choice because he has to support us when we get old and he said his mom could move in with him... ah well.

Jayden is now 4 feet 3 1/4 inches and weighs 62 pounds of energy.

I hope I do not take as long between blogs so that I can remember all the great things JJ does, but for now... this is what I have...

To the summer of 2013,,, thank you for the memories.

No comments: