Sunday, August 18, 2013

Jayden Gebers, the Boy at 7 Years old.

I know I just posted a blog about Jayden, but there are things that still need to be said.

Jayden has just finished an erector set catapult.  He got the set for Christmas and wanted to use it although I thought he was about a year or 2 too young to use it and I though I end up doing it.  I was wrong.  It was amazing how he followed directions and created a working catapult.  His brain has answers to so many things that he gets himself into. 


 






I have to say that my son puts himself into more trouble than the normal 7 year old child.  But he always problems solves his way out.  For example he did a gainer off the diving board one time because he forgot which way to flip.  Or he sees a light bulb out and figures out how to get a new one off the top shelf of the closet and change it.

He will take his legos and create new cars or boats or planes.  He puts together different Hot Wheels tracks to make a new ones.  He hooks up the wagon on the back of the Quad so that he can drive Kallee around.  Speaking of Quads...  we had to get rid of JJ's quad, as it literally died.  He rode it till the end... broke all the wheels and when we fixed that, he blew out the engine by wearing out the gears.  That thing has been in snow and water and dirt, mud, ice... everything.  It was one of the best toys he will ever have.

Because of his creations like paper airplanes and such, JJ usually takes a lot of my fire due to the fact that he cannot remember to ever pick up after himself.  Toys, clothes, shoes, homework, nothing is ever where it is supposed to be unless we put it there.  But even with all the frustration, their is more admiration.  He is amazing with his skills and his thought process.  When he is working on something, it is very difficult to get him off that until he is finished.  He has bad tunnel vision and will keep going on something until the end. 

I know I would be remiss if I did not say things about JJ's relationships.  He does not only think of his Grandparents as just that, but they are his friends.  He wants to tell them about things that happen in his life that are important to him.  JJ loved and I mean loved riding his bike all the way over to Grandma Lee's and climbing Badger with Grandpa Lee,  He will always love going to Maui home and how big a part of that is his life.   The vacations and holidays and sleepovers... they all mean something to him.  I was explaining to him what his memory was and what it means to him.  I told him that he has lots of pictures in his mind that create memories,,, those memories can be stored or erased, or put into special places.  He said like Christmas, or Hawaii and I said yes,,, you have been part of his special memories that are stored in the best places.

Jayden also needs to have his cousins in his life.  I cannot remember two kids getting lost at a VBS other than Dawson and Jayden.  They can have two different conversations going on at the same time and be playing together one minute and then, poof,  by themselves the next.  I see so many interesting stories from those two as they grow up.  Madeline and Jonah will also have to deal with JJ, as Jonah will be the coach on the field for him for a while, and Madeline will be the Master of all as they grow into Elementary and Middle School.  But Dawson and JJ,,, seriously,,, digging holes in the dirt to cover themselves up... crazy stuff.

Emily, Alison, Boyd and myself will find the most interesting reasons why things happen between those two in the future... just staring at them trying to figure out why, just why,,, and shaking our heads.

But the best memories for me is of the relationship between JJ and his mother.  They allow each other to be themselves.  JJ loves being around his mom, she is his best friend.  I know people think that wow, you guys leave for a month to go somewhere and how much money you spend and that is why you do not have another new car or you don't have more money etc...

But I know for a FACT, that my wife and my son need this time.  The months of June, July, and August mean so much to them.  JJ and I have November and December,  But summer is all Alison.

The time Zip lining, snorkeling, boogie boarding, lying in bed reading, playing cards, swimming, walking, climbing, biking... are the most important things in his life.  Those times in Hawaii and Maui, and here cannot be trivialized or taken for granted.  I see what these memories mean to both Alison and JJ, and I know what it means to be a family and the mental pictures we have taken this past summer are being stored in the GOLDEN MEMORIES box in their brains.  These Memories are so essential to a healthy upbringing..  And trust me... after JJ did this last bike ride.. he is very very healthy. 

















No comments: